Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Change: The Good, Bad and the Ugly

There has been so much that is changing in my life. As we have established in Weight Watchers, change can be scary as hell. These big unknowns leave me with so many questions: Will I fit in? How do I make this transition as smoothly as possible? What will be life be like after such change has occured?

Everything has been changing so fast! Graduation in less than 20 days, turning 18 in five days, moving to San Francisco State in less than 95 days.

Now, more than ever, I have realized how important it is for me to take what little time I have left and devote it to me. My feelings, my beliefs, and my behaviors. This makes up the triangle of change that we talk about in WW.

I am applying this triangle to my birthday weekend. I am changing the BELIEF that it is my right to celebrate with food because its my day or week. NO! My belief is now that I will stay on track because it is a birthday gift to myself, to be good to myself. My FEELINGS are that EXCITEMENT (yes even good feelings) must be controlled. Good feelings are not an excuse to eat. I eat when I am hungry, not because I am excited or angry or disappointed or alone. I am dumping Food as my boyfriend! I do realize that this is harder than it looks but that is my birthday gift to myself.

To vent about what happened at my WW meeting today, I wanted to vent about my 3-day weekend of birthday to the group but I didn't get a chance to say what I wanted to because I was never called on and there was no time for me to say anything. I didn't even get a star even though I needed one.

I don't feel that bad though because this way, when I loose weight this week, I will have a star to receive. =]

I'm hoping this triangle will affect other areas of my life. =\

Bis spater.

Lyss, out.

No comments:

Post a Comment